Tokyo is known for its eccentricity, so when I went to Tokyo for four days in October, I was not interested in doing the tourist attractions. No, I resolved to do the WEIRD and UNIQUE things that Tokyo has to offer.
1. Yunessun Wine Spa: Bathe in pools of red wine, green tea, sake, and coffee. Every once in awhile there is a special ceremony, where you get wine/coffee poured onto you.
Yunessun is actually in a different city by the mountains, about 2 hours away from Tokyo by the train. Once you get to Yunessan, a bus brings you to the spa.
2. Bunny Cafe: Cuteness overload. Pay by every half hour for the right to pet bunnies, feed bunnies, and take a bazillion selfies. Reservations are needed.
3. Maid Cafe: Watch girls in maid outfits sing and dance. Join in with the otakus in dancing with them. Don’t eat your food or drink your beverage before the maid blesses it for you with cute hand gestures (you have to do it too!). Buy a dance or a polaroid picture with the maids. Eat cute food.
The maid culture is not to be overlooked in Tokyo… There are dozens of them and these maids have a strong fan base and the most famous maids even hold concerts
4. Prison+Hospital Cafe. Not a prison cafe.. nor a hospital cafe… but rather a combination of prison AND hospital, with not-so-explicit sexual-themed drinks and food. Food and drink were not so tasty (or maybe I was just grossed out by their names…) but 10 points for originality and weirdness.
5. BONUS: Robot Cafe. I did not have time to do this, but I heard the Robot cafe is out of the world weird too