I’m an electronic dance music travel blogger residing in Amsterdam.
This blog was started to mark my journey since January 20th, 2014 to get off the linear trajectory of life. Until the end of 2013, my life was operated with the “sure-fire success” formula of studying hard (great SAT scores), getting into a good college (MIT), getting a good job (management consultant in NYC), and getting married (not yet!).
After discovering how unhappy I was becoming but with no idea how to remedy it, I decided to throw some curveballs in my life: I stored all my possessions in NYC and stuffed all my essentials into a tiny carry-on bag, and hopped on a plane to Brazil.
I was so scared when I quit my job, informed my parents and friends, and got rid of my apartment. However, I think that deep down my gut told me that I was doing the right thing – and it was right, more than 2 years in and I haven’t looked back.
Since then, I have spent many months traveling around in South America, Europe, and Asia. I completed a Master’s degree in Tourism Innovation in Barcelona and have lived in Florianopolis (Brazil), Barcelona, and Amsterdam.
I joined an Amsterdam-based company Party with a Local in 2015, which connects people around the world who want to party. It’s the kind of app that I wish I had known about when I started traveling, given that the primary motivating reason I traveled was to attend cool electronic dance music events in every city I went to. I’m currently working hard with the team to achieve product-market fit and grow the Party with a Local community!
Check out my take on the electronic dance music scene all around the world
My favorite posts:
- How Men Fron Different Countries Hit On Women in Clubs
- A Big Party Foul: Hitching a Ride on the Ambulance in Sao Paulo
- Misadventures: My Q-Base Misadventure
- Favorite Festival: Dominator Festival in the Netherlands
- Asian clubbing in Brazil
- Exploring underdeveloped/underrated dance music markets: Hardstyle and Trance in Taiwan
- For Clubbers/Ravers: Q-Dance Chile: Using Couchsurfing to find festival buddies
- How I Found My Path: Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost – But Most Are
I’ve also written for iHeartRaves and EDM.com:
- The Ultimate Rave Challenge: Leave your phone at home
- Going to an EDM Show Alone
- Five American Rave Customs that Should be Exported
- Will Hardcore Hit the US? A Review of Dominator Festival
- Review of Ultra Music Festival Worldwide Editions
- Raves around the World: Australia
- Raves around the World: Canada
- Most Popular EDM Genre in the US
- See How Much Dance Music Fans Travel for Music